Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Engineering CAD Technology — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Digital Fabrication Technology — Certificate (16 credits)
About the Program
- Create innovative engineering drawings using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology
- Design and draft components and efficient systems to manufacture products
- Work independently and in teams in research and development (R&D), prototype creation, and model shops
Graduates of the program find employment as mechanical drafters, engineering assistants, technicians, and technical salespeople.
The Digital Fabrication Technology certificate is designed for individuals interested in learning more about automation and manufacturing technologies and systems. If you are enrolled in ECAD, Engineering, Math, and Science programs/disciplines you may also benefit from this technical set of courses designed to prepare graduates for entry-level employment or continuing education in technical/engineering fields. Additionally, this certificate serves as the entrance into the ECAD program. Graduates may gain employment in firms’ R&D, model shops, or prototype departments.
Planning for Your Program
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer.
Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements help students transfer to four-year institutions.
Potential Job Titles
- Mechanical Drafters
- Architectural and Civil Drafters
Average Wage: $26.75/hour
Top Earners: $36.35/hour
Architectural and Civil Drafters
Average Wage: $26.26/hour
Top Earners: $30.41/hour
Information gathered pertains to the seven-county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu
- Jeffry AbelFacultyEngineering CAD Technology651-773-1702
- Kyle GeyerFacultyEngineering CAD Technology651-773-1702
- Jeff JahnkeFaculty/Program DirectorEngineering CAD Technology651-773-1730