Delivery: Daytime classes only.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
The Associate in Science in Engineering is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a baccalaureate degree program in one of the following engineering fields: aerospace, biomedical, bioproducts & biosystems, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, geological, material, mechanical, and general engineering.
This program includes the courses usually required in the first two years of a baccalaureate engineering curriculum. Students are urged to acquaint themselves with the requirements of the major department in the college or university where they plan to transfer, and to consult with the Century College Advising, Counseling and Career Center for assistance in planning their program and selecting electives. Guide sheets are available in the Advising, Counseling and Career Center for many engineering fields and transfer institutions.
Planning for Your Program
- Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements provide students with educational plans to help them transfer to four-year institutions.
- Transfer Resources
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer. Learn more about possible options.
- Bachelor Degree Planning
We partner with many institutions offering Bachelor's degrees that can be completed here, online, or at a metro location.
Potential Job Titles
- Chemical Engineers *
- Civil Engineers *
- Computer Software Engineers, Applications *
- Mechanical Engineers *
- Electrical Engineers *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Chemical Engineers *
Average Wage: $39.10/hour
Top Earners: $59.88/hour
Civil Engineers *
Average Wage: $41.13/hour
Top Earners: $57.37/hour
Computer Software Engineers, Applications *
Average Wage: $39.41/hour
Top Earners: $56.15/hour
Electrical Engineers *
Average Wage: $45.35/hour
Top Earners: $62.75/hour
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu
Our new state-of-the-art digital fabrication lab is aligned with MIT's highly successful fab lab network. In our "fab lab", you'll get to build all sorts of structures, machines, mechanisms, and circuits, including a rapid prototyping machine, laser cutter, CNC mini mill, and other machine tools.
The Engineering club allows you to do more than coursework and provides you with a network of colleagues that you can socialize with or do projects. Past projects include building a remote controlled semiautonomous robot and fabricating an electricity-producing wind turbine.
At the Century College Robot show you get to see all sorts of interesting contraptions. The public is invited to the show where Introduction to Engineering students display their inventions that are judged by practicing engineers.
In our popular Introduction to Engineering Class you'll "learn by doing" projects such as building a robot.
Professional Engineering Organizations
- American Society of Engineering Education
- AllStar Network, Aeronautics Learning Center
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- ASM International Materials Information Society
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Council on Forest Engineering
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- TIDEE - Transferable Integrated Design Engineering Education