Delivery: A mix of in-person and online courses.
Start: Fall or Spring Semester, Summer Session, Full- or Part-Time.
- Academic English Proficiency - Certificate (16 credits)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences – Associate in Arts Degree (60 credits)
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum – MnTC (40 credits)
About the Program
The English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program at Century College provides a student-centered, positive learning environment for all students. Our program is designed to meet the needs of non-native English speaking students. We offer multiple levels of courses from the beginning level to the college level. Two advanced level ESOL courses offer college credit. Century ESOL classes are not just for college students; many students take ESOL classes for career and personal advancement.
Highlights of the Century College ESOL program:
- Small class sizes, ranging from 8 - 22 students.
- Professional, experienced faculty each of whom have a Master's degree in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- Digital and on-campus language lab.
- Free tutoring for all ESOL students.
- Community volunteers help out in ESOL classes.
- On-campus course offerings.
- Collaborative learning environment.
- State-of-the-art classrooms.
- Synchronous virtual course offerings.
- High-flex course offerings.
- Tutors linked to many classes.
Planning for Your Program
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs quality for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College's Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.