About the Program
Created in 1982, the Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program at Century College provides a student-centered, positive learning environment for all students. Our program is designed to meet the needs of non-native English speaking students. We offer four levels of courses from the beginning level to the college level. Two advanced level ESOL courses offer college credit. Century ESOL classes are not just for college students; many students take ESOL classes for career and personal advancement.
Highlights of the Century College TESOL program:
- Small classes, ranging from 8 to 22 students.
- Professional, experienced faculty each of whom have a Master's degree in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- State-of-the-art digital language lab.
- Free tutoring for all ESOL students.
- Learning communities for Level 3 and 4 students.
- Individual goal tracking each semester.
- Community volunteers help out in some ESOL classes.