Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, Saturday, and online courses.
Start: Fall or Spring Semester, Summer Session, Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
Created in 1982, the Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program at Century College provides a student-centered, positive learning environment for all students. Our program is designed to meet the needs of non-native English speaking students. We offer four levels of courses from the beginning level to the college level. Two advanced level ESOL courses offer college credit. Century ESOL classes are not just for college students; many students take ESOL classes for career and personal advancement.
Highlights of the Century College TESOL program:
- Small classes, ranging from 8 to 22 students.
- Professional, experienced faculty each of whom have a Master's degree in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- State-of-the-art digital language lab.
- Free tutoring for all ESOL students.
- Learning communities for Level 3 and 4 students.
- Individual goal tracking each semester.
- Community volunteers help out in some ESOL classes.
- Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements provide students with educational plans to help them transfer to four-year institutions.
- Transfer Resources
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer. Learn more about possible options.
- Bachelor Degree Planning
We partner with many institutions offering Bachelor's degrees that can be completed here, online, or at a metro location.