Delivery: Daytime classes only.
Start: Fall or Spring Semester, Full- or Part-Time.
Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer — Diploma (48 credits)
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer — Certificate (30 credits)
About the Program
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer program prepares students to obtain employment as commercial building maintenance engineers. Courses and training incorporate classroom and hands-on instruction, covering a wide range of skills, including basic construction, electricity, plumbing, refrigeration, energy management systems, heating, and air conditioning. Licenses and certifications achieved in the program, contingent upon passing the examination, include OSHA 10 card, EPA certification, and Special Engineer Boilers license. Students will:
- Interpret schematics, diagrams, and blueprints to build and troubleshoot plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems
- Master maintenance technologies used in hotels, hospitals, community centers, commercial facilities, and college campuses
- Control building operations using advanced automation systems
Due to the high demand for this program, the College cannot guarantee that students will start their career/occupational coursework in their early semesters. General education courses and other program requirements are usually available. The general education required courses will help ensure individuals have the necessary oral, written, and critical thinking skills to help with professional responsibilities.
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid, including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Ready to get
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer.
Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements help students transfer to four-year institutions.
Potential Job Titles
- Maintenance Engineer
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer
- Building Maintenance Engineer
Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Average Wage: $22.75/hour
Top Earners: $32.56/hour
Information gathered pertains to the seven-county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu
The student must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Craig KennedyFacultyFacilities Maintenance Engineer651-779-3248
- Tom KrieselFacultyFacilities Maintenance Engineer651-773-1788