Delivery: A mix of daytime and evening courses.
Start: Fall or Spring: Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
The Filmmaking and Video Production AAS Degree trains students to work in a variety of video-related fields. The instruction stresses the importance of storytelling, planning, shooting, and editing, as well as motion graphics and effects. Students have the opportunity to work in teams on real life, client-based projects to create marketing, instructional, and promotional pieces as well as:
- Tell amazing stories by developing and producing creative films and videos for real-world clients
- Use cutting-edge professional camera gear, hardware, and software while crafting an impressive portfolio
- Attain hands-on expertise in visual communications working individually and with imaginative peers
Interested in a career in Filmmaking & Video Production? Schedule a program tour!
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Planning for Your Program
Potential Job Titles
- Film and Video Editors *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Film and Video Editors *
Average Wage: $20.09/hour
Top Earners: $31.68/hour
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu