Delivery: A mix of daytime and evening courses.
Start: Fall or Spring: Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
The Filmmaking and Video Production AAS Degree trains students to work in a variety of video-related fields. The instruction stresses the importance of storytelling, planning, shooting, and editing, as well as motion graphics and effects. Students have the opportunity to work in teams on real life, client-based projects to create marketing, instructional, and promotional pieces as well as:
- Tell amazing stories by developing and producing creative films and videos for real-world clients
- Use cutting-edge professional camera gear, hardware, and software while crafting an impressive portfolio
- Attain hands-on expertise in visual communications working individually and with imaginative peers
Planning for Your Program
- Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements provide students with educational plans to help them transfer to four-year institutions.
- Transfer Resources
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer. Learn more about possible options.
- Bachelor Degree Planning
We partner with many institutions offering Bachelor's degrees that can be completed here, online, or at a metro location.
Potential Job Titles
- Film and Video Editors *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Film and Video Editors *
Average Wage: $20.09/hour
Top Earners: $31.68/hour
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu