Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
If you’re interested in a career where you can work directly with people, you might want to consider Human Services. In this hands-on educational program, students learn about the challenges and the rewards of working in Human Services. They have the opportunity to explore the attitudes, thoughts and feelings of working as a human services generalist and gain direct experience with human service consumers and agencies through internships and class experiences as well as:
- Make a difference in someone’s life by advocating for their needs and empowering them to achieve their goals
- Investigate complex social problems and understand their effects on individuals, communities, and society
- Work alongside helping professionals to connect people with community resources and employment opportunities
Courses are open to new students and those seeking further enhancement of their skills in human services. It is possible to transfer your coursework to a four-year college.
See the Human Services Career Tree for career possibilities.
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Planning for Your Program
Potential Job Titles
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Child, Family & School Social Workers *
- Mental Health Counselors *
- Marriage & Family Therapists *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Social & Human Service Assistants
Average Wage: $16.84/hour
Top Earners: $24.37/hour
Child, Family & School Social Workers*
Average Wage: $28.77/hour
Top Earners: $36.99/hour
Mental Health Counselors*
Average Wage: $22.70/hour
Top Earners: $32.45/hour
Marriage & Family Therapists*
Average Wage: $21.50/hour
Top Earners: $30.55/hour
*with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu