Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer, Full- or Part-Time.
- Individualized Studies - Associate in Science Degree (60 Credits)
- Individualized Studies - Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 Credits)
- Individualized Studies - Diploma (45 Credits)
About the Program
Associate in Applied Science: This award is intended for students seeking a 2-year degree which is not currently offered at Century College. Students will work with counselors, advisors, other college staff and faculty, and industry experts to design the award, and the final version of the Individualized AAS for each student will require approval from the college.
Diploma: This award is intended for students seeking a diploma that is not currently offered at Century College. Students will work with counselors, advisors, other college staff and faculty, and industry experts to design the award, and the final version of the Individualized diploma for each student will require approval from the college.
Students and prospective students that may be interested in the Individualized Studies awards include those that are undeclared, students that have earned some credits but did not complete an award, transfer students with credits that may not have equivalent Century credits, students that wish to explore more than one program, and student with experience that may result in credit for prior learning.
Planning for Your Program
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer.
Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements help students transfer to four-year institutions.
- Multidisciplinary coursework is from more than one discipline in unrelated areas
- Interdisciplinary coursework is from more than one discipline but the coursework is tied together thematically
- Intradisciplinary coursework is from within the same discipline
Each student will develop and document their Individualized Studies award. A template will guide students and include:
- Development of Educational Goals Statement
- Determination of Course Requirements (for AS) or Career/Occupational Requirements (for AAS and diploma)
- Determination of General Education/MnTC Courses
- Consultation with college/university representatives regarding transfer opportunities and/or professionals in the field of interest
View the program website, or contact an advisor for information on Individualized Studies planning seminars, credit for prior learning options, and the development, review, and approval process of an award plan.