Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Information and Telecommunications Technology — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Information Security/Assurance — Certificate (16 credits)
- Networking Fundamentals — Certificate (16 credits)
- Storage Area Networking — Certificate (17 credits)
About the Program
The ability of businesses and organizations to successfully plan, design, and implement technology-based communication systems is critical to keeping a competitive edge. As the Internet expands and computing and converged digital networks and applications evolve, there will likely be a shortage of qualified "IT" workers in the future.
This broad-based program of liberal, technical, and professional studies will prepare students for intelligent, effective, self-development in a complex and continually changing society. The Information and Telecommunications degree is designed to allow students to focus on a specialized area within the Information Technology field. Students will:
- Configure network security appliances that protect users and systems from malicious attacks
- Design, install, troubleshoot, and upgrade networks while utilizing servers, firewalls, switches, and routers
- Empower the modern world by managing users and advanced computer network systems
The program also emphasizes the importance of business and communications skills in today's business climate. A newly-constructed, multi-million dollar integrated technical laboratory provides a state-of-the-art facility for hands-on learning.
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs quality for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College's Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Potential Job Titles
- Computer and Information Systems Managers *
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer Systems Analyst
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Computer and Information Systems Manager*
Average Wage: $58.92/hour
Top Earners: $81.16/hour
Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Average Wage: $35.62/hour
Top Earners: $49.32/hour
Computer System Analyst
Average Wage: $37.83/hour
Top Earners: $52.77/hour
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu