Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall or Spring Semester, Full- or Part-Time.
- Interior Design — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Interior Design Associate — Diploma (48 credits)
- Home Furnishing Sales — Certificate (30 credits)
About the Program
The Century College Interior Design program is one of a few Interior Design programs offered in Minnesota (MN). In the Interior Design program, students will gain a quality, affordable two-year degree or diploma in Interior Design or a certificate in Home Furnishing Sales. They will:
- Collaborate with professionals and clients to create a unique interior design and select the materials for a new home
- Develop a strong foundation in sustainable and eco-friendly residential design by applying color theory and design concepts
- Draft by hand and with tools such as AutoCAD and SketchUp while also integrating a comprehensive portfolio
The Interior Design program at Century College has an American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) student chapter and graduates are encouraged to become professional members after completing their AAS degree.
Interior Design students will graduate having learned the elements of great design and how to market and sell their products and services.
NOTE: If you are registering for Interior Design classes, please schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor or counselor.
Interested in learning more or need help registering for classes?
Contact the Interior Design program faculty by filling out the contact form.
Interior Design Program Director Sarah Rodriguez Was Featured in White Bear Lake Magazine!
“‘I grew up in a family that was flipping houses before HGTV was even invented,’ says Sarah Rodriguez, professor and program director of interior design at White Bear Lake’s Century College.”
Planning for Your Program
Request for Information
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to Century College students involved in several areas of study. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Ready to get
Testimonials Interior Design
Average Wage: $24.79/hour
Top Earners: $38.99/hour
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu
A laptop computer is required for the Interior Design program. Please coordinate with the Interior Design department faculty to confirm your computer can run the computer-aided design software needed for coursework.
- Sarah RodriguezFaculty/Program DirectorInterior Design651-747-4043
- Catherine HarringtonFacultyInterior Design651-779-3423
- Education: BFA in Interior Design, University of Wisconsin- StoutCassie SavelaFacultyBioInterior Design651-779-3423