Law Enforcement - AS 68 Credits
- Demonstrate knowledge of behavioral science and sociological concepts allowing the student to be successful at interacting with, and understanding a diverse population as a peace officer.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire criminal justice system, including the roles of local, county, state, and federal police organizations, the courts, and corrections.
- Demonstrate an understanding and the effective application of ethical standards so as to uphold the public’s trust in the law enforcement profession.
- Have the requisite knowledge, skill and ability to transfer successfully into the 3rd year of baccalaureate degrees in law enforcement or related fields at other colleges and universities.
- Demonstrate effective communication, decision-making, and critical thinking skills as demanded in the law enforcement profession.