Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Marketing Communications Technology — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Marketing Management — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Marketing Specialty — Diploma (45 credits)
- Entrepreneurial Certificate — Certificate (16 credits)
- Marketing — Certificate (18 credits)
- Social Media Marketing — Certificate (21 credits)
- Solar Sales and Marketing — Certificate (16 credits)
About the Program
Marketing is the business function that identifies unfilled consumer needs and wants, defines and measures their magnitude, determines which targeted market segments the business can best serve, and decides on appropriate products, services, and programs to deliver to them. Effective marketing and promotional strategies are important to success of profit-oriented as well as nonprofit organizations.
- Create vibrant marketing campaigns, presentations, public relations strategies, events, websites, and social media content
- Design and implement dynamic marketing strategies to deliver products, services, ideas, and benefits to customers
- Master a wide range of powerful marketing strategies to help profit and nonprofit organizations succeed
The Marketing Management Associate in Applied Science Degree focuses on the decisions facing marketing practitioners who must balance the objectives and resources of an organization with the needs and opportunities in the marketplace. Graduates may pursue careers in either business-to-business marketing environments or the area of consumer markets in either the private or public sector. The Marketing Specialty Diploma is designed for goals in business-to-business sales, fashion merchandising, retailing or marketing support in either public or private sectors.
The Marketing Communications Technology degree program blends three Century College areas: the theories and strategies of the Marketing Program, the application skills of the Visual Communications Technology Program and the hands-on and aesthetic teachings of the Art and Art Studio course work. In addition, courses from the English, Communication and Philosophy disciplines round out this curriculum and form a balanced theory/practice approach. With this type of preparation you find fulfilling careers in a variety of visual communications as well as visual marketing fields.
We also offer three certificates:
- The Marketing Certificate is designed to explore career options within the marketing arena. You will discover the fundamental principle for all marketing: positioning the right product in the right place at the right promotion, at the right price.
- The Social Media Marketing Certificate is targeted toward students interested in social media marketing and developing the skills necessary for creating and implementing successful social media marketing strategies. This certificate emphasizes understanding social media tools such as blogs and social media sites, understanding and using web applications, writing for social media marketing, and evaluating the performance of social media marketing strategies and tactics.
- The Entrepreneurial Certificate is targeted for students who are interested in starting and running their own business. Emphasis may include identifying markets and potential, green/sustainable marketing, business plan development, e-marketing, and leading employees.
- The Solar Sales and Marketing Certificate is intended to prepare students to enter the solar industry’s sales and marketing sector. Graduates will be prepared to work for companies that serve the residential and small commercial markets as well as third party community solar firms. This program will prepare students to take the entry level NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) exam.
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Potential Job Titles
- Marketing Managers *
- Sales Managers *
- Market Research Analysts *
- Public Relations Specialists *
- Set and Exhibit Designers *
- Merchandise Displayers
- Graphic Designers *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Average Wage: $67.97/hour
Top Earners: $80.00/hour
Average Wage: $66.66/hour
Top Earners: $80.00/hour
Market Research Analysts*
Average Wage: $34.26/hour
Top Earners: $53.05/hour
Public Relations Specialists*
Average Wage: $29.16/hour
Top Earners: $43.55/hour
Set and Exhibit Designers*
Average Wage: $20.20/hour
Top Earners: $32.70/hour
Average Wage: $16.49/hour
Top Earners: $25.33/hour
Graphic Designers *
Average Wage: $23.80/hour
Top Earners: $36.83/hour
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu