Medical Assistant - Diploma 51 Credits
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical procedures and medication administration in a medical practice utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Communicate effectively with individuals, families, groups, and/or colleagues of diverse sociocultural backgrounds through the use of verbal and non-verbal skills, written abilities, active listening, and information technologies within ambulatory care settings.
- Identify, interpret, and apply ethical, legal and social issues associated within the scope of practice in the medical assisting field.
- Apply various administrative techniques in a medical practice to deliver cost effective and quality healthcare.
- Apply knowledge of medical laboratory techniques to accurately collect specimens, perform testing, and interpret lab tests results.
- Demonstrate professionalism as a healthcare provider, communicate effectively, and collaborate in teams.
- Demonstrate computer literacy skills and the ability to maintain electronic health records.
- Respect all people and cultures as they interact with a diverse patient population in the medical assistant profession.
- Empower individuals, families, and the community to develop positive health behaviors through health promotion and teaching.