Enter for a chance to win one 3-credit course!
Sign up for the Launch Your Education session on December 17 at 4 pm to complete all your steps for Spring Semester enrollment in one day and be entered in for a chance to win a free 3-credit course!
Delivery: Daytime and blended online classes only, some evening clinical experiences
Start: Fall or Spring Semester; Full-time only
Your Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time
TEAS Exam Information
Nursing program applicants must take the new version of ATI TEAS VI (6) for the February 1, 2020 application deadline for incoming Fall 2020 nursing students.
The scores for the older version TEAS V (5) will no longer be accepted after June 1st, 2016, and onward.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Applicants: NURS 2720 course, Transitions to the Professional Nurse, will be offered in fall semesters only. Applicants who are LPNs are welcome to apply to join the program during any application cycle (Fall/Spring).
However, to begin the program in spring semester, LPNs must take NURS 2700 instead of NURS 2720, and waive the 5 credits of advanced standing associated with NURS 2720.
About the Program
Century College, in collaboration with the Minnesota Alliance for Nursing Education (MANE), offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing curriculum, with an Associate of Science in Nursing awarded part way through the program.
The program is designed as four years of full-time study, with the first two semesters devoted to prerequisite/preparatory courses required for admission to the nursing program.
Successful completion of five semesters leads to an Associate of Science (AS) in Nursing degree offered at Century College and eligibility to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. Century students have a 92% first time pass rate for NCLEX, the state licensure exam. Students will:
- Work as a key member of the professional healthcare team to provide quality patient care in a variety of fast-paced health care facilities
- Experience interactive simulated labs and actual clinical rotations in a variety of healthcare settings
- Deliver safe, caring, competent, holistic nursing care to patients from infants to the elderly patient populations
The MANE curriculum continues for three additional semesters leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing (BSN) offered by a collaborating MANE university. The intent is that all courses, in a variety of formats, will be offered in rotation through MANE parnter campuses. For more information about MANE, please visit www.manemn.org
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
The Century College Nursing Program is approved by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Program Completion Rate (students who finish the program successfully within 4 semesters) (Goal = 75%)
|77.24%*||83.18%**||81.69%**||85.19%**||Not yet available|
Percent of Graduates Obtaining Jobs in the Nursing Field within 6-12 months of graduation (Goal = 90%)
|95%**||92%**||94%**||Not yet available||Not yet available|
Percent of NCLEX-RN© test takers who were successful on their first attempt (Goal = 80%)
*Goal unmet by less than 10%
- Fall start: Application deadline is February 1st of each year preceding (before) the Fall start date of the following academic year.
- Spring start: Application deadline is June 1st of each year preceding (before) the Spring start date of the following academic year.
- Admission into the Century College MANE nursing program requires a separate special application and the selection process is highly competitive. Students must meet Nursing Program academic admission requirements. Minimum requirements are based on college performance and performance on a nursing program admissions exam. The college may not be able to accept all applicants that meet the minimum standards.
- Applicants will be required to submit scores on the TEAS-VI Nursing Admission Exam. This exam will be administered on Century College campus. To register for the TEAS-VI Nursing Admission Exam at Century College please go to the ATI Testing Site. You may also take the exam at other MANE participating college sites with no need to pay a transcript fee to have your results sent to Century College. MANE participating colleges are: Metropolitan State University, Anoka-Ramsey Community College, Century College, Inver Hills Community College, Normandale Community College, North Hennepin Community College, Ridgewater Community College, and Riverland Community College. Applicants must have a minimum composite score of 58.7% to be considered for selection.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission when there are more applicants than spaces in the program. Applicants are ranked and selected for admission based on scores on the TEAS-VI entrance exam and GPA in the first semester of the Century College MANE Curriculum Plan.
- Please refer to the Nursing application brochures-available in the quick-links in the Planning for Your Program section, and in the Admissions and Counseling Offices for more details. These brochures for each program option are updated annually during Spring Semester. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with a counselor for planning their coursework. Also see the Application Advising Review sheet available in the Counseling Center and online. Timing of coursework is critical in order to meet application deadlines.
- Minnesota Department of Health requires any individual having contact with patients to complete a background study prior to starting the clinical experience. An individual may be disqualified or have restrictions placed on patient contact and would not be permitted to participate in the clinical experience if a clearance is not issued. A background study with no restrictions is required to successfully complete the requirements of the nursing program. Call MN Department of Human Services with specific questions, 651-431-2000.
Bachelor in Nursing Completion Programs
Programs are available both online and on Century College Campus to allow RNs with Associate Degrees to obtain their Bachelors in Nursing. Programs available on Century College Campus are offered by Bemidji State University and Metropolitan State University.
Many RN to BSN programs are available in the area or online, including but not limited to:
- Augsburg College
- Bemidji State University
- Bethel University
- Concordia University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Presentation College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Catherine University
- St. Mary’s University
- The College of St. Scholastica
- Winona State University
Potential Job Titles
- Registered Nurse