Delivery: Daytime and blended online classes only, some evening clinical experiences
Start: Fall or Spring Semester; Full-time only
Your Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time
TEAS Exam Information
Nursing program applicants must take the new version of ATI TEAS VI (6) for the February 1, 2020 application deadline for incoming Fall 2020 nursing students.
The scores for the older version TEAS V (5) will no longer be accepted after June 1st, 2016, and onward.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Applicants: NURS 2720 course, Transitions to the Professional Nurse, will be offered in fall semesters only. Applicants who are LPNs are welcome to apply to join the program during any application cycle (Fall/Spring).
However, to begin the program in spring semester, LPNs must take NURS 2700 instead of NURS 2720, and waive the 5 credits of advanced standing associated with NURS 2720.
About the Program
Century College, in collaboration with the Minnesota Alliance for Nursing Education (MANE), offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing curriculum, with an Associate of Science in Nursing awarded part way through the program.
The program is designed as four years of full-time study, with the first two semesters devoted to prerequisite/preparatory courses required for admission to the nursing program.
Successful completion of five semesters leads to an Associate of Science (AS) in Nursing degree offered at Century College and eligibility to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. Century students have a 92% first time pass rate for NCLEX, the state licensure exam. Students will:
- Work as a key member of the professional healthcare team to provide quality patient care in a variety of fast-paced health care facilities
- Experience interactive simulated labs and actual clinical rotations in a variety of healthcare settings
- Deliver safe, caring, competent, holistic nursing care to patients from infants to the elderly patient populations
The MANE curriculum continues for three additional semesters leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing (BSN) offered by a collaborating MANE university. The intent is that all courses, in a variety of formats, will be offered in rotation through MANE parnter campuses. For more information about MANE, please visit www.manemn.org
Watch a video on how to apply for the MANE nursing program here.
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Planning for Your Program
The Century College Nursing Program is approved by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Program Completion Rate (students who finish the program successfully within 4 semesters) (Goal = 75%)
|77.24%*||83.18%**||81.69%**||85.19%**||Not yet available|
Percent of Graduates Obtaining Jobs in the Nursing Field within 6-12 months of graduation (Goal = 90%)
|95%**||92%**||94%**||Not yet available||Not yet available|
Percent of NCLEX-RN© test takers who were successful on their first attempt (Goal = 80%)
*Goal unmet by less than 10%
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Holistic Admissions Updates:
The MANE Holistic Admission Process has been formalized. Holistic Admissions will be fully implemented for the Spring 2022 admission cycle. For the Fall 2021 Admission cycle, we are requesting that students supply the information requested on the new admissions form, but the admissions criteria for the Fall cycle will still be the TEAS and GPA.
ALERT: MANE Holistic Admissions for Spring 2021:
Related to COVID-19 we have delayed the Spring 2021 admissions cycle. The new Spring 2021 application cycle is from June 1st – August 31st, 2020. MANE will continue to use your first semester GPA & TEAS. ATI will be offering an online proctored TEAS option.
- Fall start: Application deadline is February 1st of each year preceding (before) the Fall start date of the following academic year.
- Spring start: Application deadline is *June 1st of each year preceding (before) the Spring start date of the following academic year.
*Due to COVID-19, the application for the Spring 2021 selection will open June 1st, 2020 and the deadline has been moved to August 31st, 2020.
- Admission into the Century College MANE nursing program requires a separate special application and the selection process is highly competitive. Students must meet Nursing Program academic admission requirements. Minimum requirements are based on college performance and performance on a nursing program admissions exam. The college may not be able to accept all applicants that meet the minimum standards.
- Applicants will be required to submit scores on the ATI-VI Nursing Admission Exam. This exam will be administerered virtually. To register for the TEAS-VI Nursing Exam for Century College please go to the ATI Testing Site. *A working computer with web cam and speaker is required. All MANE participating colleges are doing TEAS-VI virtually and scores can be submitted to multiple colleges. Applicants must have a minimum composite score of 58.7% to be considered for selection.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission when there are more applicants than spaces in the program. Applicants are ranked and selected for admission based on scores on the TEAS-VI entrance exam and GPA in the first semester of the Century College MANE Curriculum Plan.
- Please refer to the Nursing application brochures-available in the quick-links in the Planning for Your Program section, and in the Admissions and Counseling Offices for more details. These brochures for each program option are updated annually during Spring Semester. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with a counselor for planning their coursework. Also see the Application Advising Review sheet available in the Counseling Center and online. Timing of coursework is critical in order to meet application deadlines.
- Minnesota Department of Health requires any individual having contact with patients to complete a background study prior to starting the clinical experience. An individual may be disqualified or have restrictions placed on patient contact and would not be permitted to participate in the clinical experience if a clearance is not issued. A background study with no restrictions is required to successfully complete the requirements of the nursing program. Call MN Department of Human Services with specific questions, 651-431-2000.
- Personal statement (see note below)*
*At this time, MANE is implementing Holistic Admissions in two phases. (PHASE I)
Consideration for admission to the MANE Nursing program is based on TEAS and GPA. Effective December 1, 2019, a Personal Statement is also required to complete the application. This statement will be used to determine future criteria for Holistic Admissions and will not influence Fall 2020 admission. The Personal Statement is confidential and will not be shared outside of the Holistic Admissions workgroup. Applications without the Personal Statement will be considered incomplete and will not move forward for consideration. We thank you for your contribution to the MANE Phase I Holistic Admissions process.
Personal Statement as follows:
Respond to the following question for your personal statement. (Your personal statement should be no more than 1,000 words). Why the nursing profession and why now? Reflect upon and describe a strength and/or challenge related to an experience that influenced your future aspirations to pursue a nursing profession.
Bachelor in Nursing Completion Programs
Programs are available both online and on Century College Campus to allow RNs with Associate Degrees to obtain their Bachelors in Nursing. Programs available on Century College Campus are offered by Bemidji State University and Metropolitan State University.
Many RN to BSN programs are available in the area or online, including but not limited to:
- Augsburg College
- Bemidji State University
- Bethel University
- Concordia University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Presentation College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Catherine University
- St. Mary’s University
- The College of St. Scholastica
- Winona State University
Potential Job Titles
- Registered Nurse