Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
Today many companies view information as the way to gain a competitive edge. As a result, administrative assistant positions are becoming more important and more technology based. To be successful in today’s technical environment, excellent skills in oral and written communication, business knowledge and software/hardware knowledge are a necessity. The Office Technology program encourages an active, hands-on learning environment that helps you develop the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for tomorrow’s job market. You will learn tools to encourage both professional and personal growth, such as:
- Working in an office environment using software and processes utilized by business, medical, and legal professionals
- Combining business applications and advanced technology in the creation, formatting, and finalization of documents
- Helping clients, co-workers, and employers manage information to gain a competitive advantage
Planning for Your Program
- Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements provide students with educational plans to help them transfer to four-year institutions.
- Transfer Resources
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer. Learn more about possible options.
- Bachelor Degree Planning
We partner with many institutions offering Bachelor's degrees that can be completed here, online, or at a metro location.
Potential Job Titles
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resource Assistant
- Receptionist/Information Clerk
Average Wage: $19.78/hour
Top Earners: $27.27/hour
Human Resource Assistant
Average Wage: $20.37/hour
Top Earners: $28.41/hour
Average Wage: $14.46/hour
Top Earners: $19.33/hour
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu