Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Administrative Assistant — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Office Support — Diploma (48 credits)
- Computer Skills — Certificate (10 credits)
- Office Assistant — Certificate (30 credits)
- Software Applications — Certificate (16 credits)
About the Program
Today many companies view information as a way to gain a competitive edge. As a result, administrative assistant positions are becoming more important and technology-based. To be successful in today’s technical environment, excellent skills in oral and written communication, business knowledge, and software/hardware knowledge are a necessity. The Office Technology program encourages an active, hands-on learning environment that helps you develop the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for tomorrow’s job market. You will learn tools to encourage both professional and personal growth, such as:
- Working in an office environment using software and processes utilized by business, medical, and legal professionals.
- Combining business applications and advanced technology in the creation, formatting, and finalization of documents
- Helping clients, co-workers, and employers manage information to gain a competitive advantage
Request for Information
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid, including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Ready to get
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer.
Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements help students transfer to four-year institutions.
Potential Job Titles
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resource Assistant
- Receptionist/Information Clerk
Average Wage: $19.78/hour
Top Earners: $27.27/hour
Average Wage: $14.46/hour
Top Earners: $19.33/hour
Human Resource Assistant
Average Wage: $20.37/hour
Top Earners: $28.41/hour
Information gathered pertains to the seven-county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu
Office Technology Medical
- Cynthia BartunekFacultyOffice Technology651-779-5830
- Joy O’SheaFacultyOffice Technology651-779-5830
- Carla TobinFacultyOffice Technology651-779-5781
- Carol LibsonFaculty/Program DirectorOffice Technology651-779-3345