Delivery: Blended online courses and colloquium skills days.
Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
Enter for a chance to win one 3-credit course!
Sign up for the Launch Your Education session on January 21 to complete all your steps for Spring Semester Sessions II and III enrollment in one day and be entered in for a chance to win a free 3-credit course!
About the Program
The goal of the Paramedic Fire Science program is to prepare competent entry-level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
The paramedic and fire services fields have a long history of serving the public with tremendous honor and courage. Individuals who dedicate themselves to the paramedic and fire service professions not only gain the satisfaction of helping others in their greatest moment of need, but become part of public safety communities where they feel acceptance and belonging.
The NEW Paramedic Fire Science Associate in Applied Science degree at Century College is unique - integrating the roles of emergency medical services and firefighting into emergency response practice. This degree is Minnesota’s first combined degree program. It is an innovative, flexible degree option that will prepare students to work in a high-demand career in a dual role (paramedic & firefighter) response agency.
- Flexibility – a significant portion of the classroom education is delivered through online learning, the degree can be completed in 1 year, and the program is structured to be conducive to working adults living in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and beyond;
- Experience – gain practical field experience in both an advanced life support ambulance and fire apparatus;
- Instruction – learn from dedicated faculty who have years of real-world, life-saving experience and are current practitioners.
- Faculty and other program staff are well credentialed and experienced experts in the field of EMS and fire Services. All are currently working in the field. Review full-time faculty bios.
- Classroom 100% online with a 3-day consecutive skill session monthly. Clinicals on-site.
- State-of-the-art skills lab including a full-scale ambulance simulator, a full scale motor vehicle, a wide range of manikins including Sim-Man™, Sim-Baby™, Mega-code Kid™ and industry-current equipment
- Medical direction provided by Charles Lick, MD and Kacia Engel, MD
- Interdisciplinary opportunities with Century’s Public Safety, Criminal Justice, and Law Enforcement career programs
- Articulation agreements with area four year institutions, including Bethel University, St. Mary's University, and Metropolitan State University
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Since 1987 the Century College Paramedic program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33756
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088