Delivery: Blended online courses and colloquium skills days.
Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
Enter for a chance to win one 3-credit course!
Attend our Launch Your Education session on Tuesday, August 20 at 1 pm, and complete all of the steps to get started for Fall Semester. If you register for 9 or more credits at the event you will be entered for a chance to win one 3-credit course!
About the Program
The paramedic and fire services fields have a long history of serving the public with tremendous honor and courage. Individuals who dedicate themselves to the paramedic and fire service professions not only gain the satisfaction of helping others in their greatest moment of need, but become part of public safety communities where they feel acceptance and belonging.
The NEW Paramedic Fire Science Associate in Applied Science degree at Century College is unique - integrating the roles of emergency medical services and firefighting into emergency response practice. This degree is Minnesota’s first combined degree program. It is an innovative, flexible degree option that will prepare students to work in a high-demand career in a dual role (paramedic & firefighter) response agency.
- Flexibility – a significant portion of the classroom education is delivered through online learning, the degree can be completed in 1 year, and the program is structured to be conducive to working adults living in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and beyond;
- Experience – gain practical field experience in both an advanced life support ambulance and fire apparatus;
- Instruction – learn from dedicated faculty who have years of real-world, life-saving experience and are current practitioners.
- Faculty and other program staff are well credentialed and experienced experts in the field of EMS and fire Services. All are currently working in the field. Review full-time faculty bios.
- Classroom 100% online with a 3-day consecutive skill session monthly. Clinicals on-site.
- State-of-the-art skills lab including a full-scale ambulance simulator, a full scale motor vehicle, a wide range of manikins including Sim-Man™, Sim-Baby™, Mega-code Kid™ and industry-current equipment
- Medical direction provided by Charles Lick, MD and Kacia Engel, MD
- Interdisciplinary opportunities with Century’s Public Safety, Criminal Justice, and Law Enforcement career programs
- Articulation agreements with area four year institutions, including Bethel University, St. Mary's University, and Metropolitan State University
$3,000 Workforce Development Scholarships are available for Century College students pursuing careers in high-demand occupations. Apply by August 1, 2019.
Open House - Monday, August 12, 2019
Join us for a Paramedic Fire Science open house on Monday, August 12, 2019 from 12:00 - 2:00 pm. The Paramedic Fire Science program will start in August.
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs quality for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.