About the Program
Century’s Reading/Student Success Department offers quality courses designed to assist students to develop and use effective reading, writing, and college success strategies making students more effective, efficient, and successful in college and beyond.
- Pre-college coursework--RDNG 0930, 0940, & 0950--to prepare students for college-level reading and English/composition;
- A college-level success strategies course--STSC 1021--designed to fully integrate students into college (required for an AA degree); and
- A college-level study skills course--STSC 1050--to learn effective academic and study strategies.
- A Reading & Study Skills Center staffed with professional and student workers. The staff give free, walk-in or scheduled support for students’ departmental coursework, and they provide reading or study skills development.
- A Book Giveaway of 2500 books twice per year
- Learner-centered educational experiences with active-learning and technology by award-winning faculty.
- The opportunity for most students to take English Composition 1 by their first or second year.
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs quality for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College's Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.