About the Program
Century’s Reading/Student Success Department offers quality courses designed to assist students to develop and use effective reading, writing, and college success strategies making students more effective, efficient, and successful in college and beyond.
- Pre-college coursework--RDNG 0930, 0940, & 0950--to prepare students for college-level reading and English/composition;
- A college-level success strategies course--STSC 1021--designed to fully integrate students into college (required for an AA degree); and
- A college-level study skills course--STSC 1050--to learn effective academic and study strategies.
- A Reading & Study Skills Center staffed with professional and student workers. The staff give free, walk-in or scheduled support for students’ departmental coursework, and they provide reading or study skills development.
- A Book Giveaway of 2500 books twice per year
- Learner-centered educational experiences with active-learning and technology by award-winning faculty.
- The opportunity for most students to take English Composition 1 by their first or second year.
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.