Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Translation and Interpreting — Diploma (45 credits)
- Translation and Interpreting — Certificate (25 credits)
For more information about options for pursuing our program at distance, please contact the Program Director at email@example.com
For part-time sample plans, see “Planning Your Program” below.
About the Program
- Enhance their multilingual abilities to provide professional services in health care, social services, education, and legal settings
- Interpret the spoken word and correctly convey verbal and nonverbal messages to an audience on behalf of someone needing to connect
- Empower people by helping them cross the communication divide through the accurate translation of written materials
For those who already have related work experience, the coursework offered will help you improve your skills and provide a certificate or diploma that demonstrates qualifications to your potential or current employers.
Coursework includes consecutive interpreting, simultaneous interpreting, translation techniques, standards of practice, and codes of ethics.
Connect on Facebook
- Marcela EstibillFacultyTranslation and Interpreting651-779-5780
- Experience: Freelance and staff interpreter since 2003.Education: MA, Translation and Interpreting, Monterey Institute of International Studies; PhD, Interpreting, University of GenevaRachel HerringFaculty/Program DirectorBioTranslation and Interpreting651-779-5780