Delivery: A mix of daytime and evening courses.
Start: Fall or Spring: Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
The Web Design AAS Degree prepares students for careers in web design. The program places a strong emphasis on the creative design process. Students are introduced to front-end web design concepts.
This program is part of the Visual Communications Careers (VCC) area and is designed to provide you with the skills you need to enter a career once you have completed the degree. Although the A.A.S. degree is not designed for transfer to a four-year school, your general education and liberal arts courses typically do transfer. Some of your career-oriented courses may also transfer to specific majors at certain schools through the petition process.
- Interpret client needs to design creative, eye-catching, and responsive websites and mobile applications
- Create impactful visual communication to engage the public for clients trying to make a splash
- Maximize search engine optimization by developing clean, modern, and intuitive websites
- Career Focus: Prepared for immediate employment, and further education with a professional portfolio
Interested in a career in Web Design? Schedule a program tour!
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs quality for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College's Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Potential Job Titles
- Web Designer *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree