Start: Fall or Spring Semester, Full- or Part-Time
- Welding – Certificate (24 Credits)
About the Program
Earning a Welding Certificate will prepare students for entry-level positions in the welding industry. Students will:
- Manipulate the power of fire and electricity to design and construct the metal products people use every day
- Join, cut, bend, and manipulate metal for industrial and artistic applications
- Work independently and in teams to troubleshoot and creatively solve a wide range of industry-based challenges
The certificate is a first look into welding and can launch you into a career or prepare you for your next steps in education.
Request for Information
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to our students. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Ready to get
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer.
Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements help students transfer to four-year institutions.
Potential Job Titles
- Metal Worker
Welders & Cutters
Average Wage: $19.71/hour
Average Wage: $30.40/hour
Information gathered pertains to the seven-county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu
- Marta Lindberg LeinFaculty/Program DirectorWelding651-773-1744