Records/Registration Office

Service Information

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
8am - 6pm 8am - 6pm 8am - 4:30pm 8am - 4:30pm 8am - 12pm

The Records/Registration office provides a variety of services to assist students:

  • Instructions on how to order official transcripts to send to other colleges, universities, and employers
  • Support for students trying to register for courses, meet course prerequisites, and use course wait lists
  • Process Change of Information forms to update demographic information, change of major forms, and immunization forms
  • Process PSEO and concurrent enrollment forms and registration for current students
  • Support enrollment and veteran educational verifications
  • Instructions on steps to apply to graduate

Find a Form

Additional forms can be found on the Find a Form page under Records/Registration.


Official Transcripts

Order transcripts online through National Student Clearinghouse here.

Official transcripts cost $5.25 per transcript. There is an additional $1.00 fee for an electronic transcript. An additional $5.00 will be applied for rush orders.

NOTE: NE Metro transcripts cannot be done as a rush order. Rush transcripts are only available for mail processing.

Century College official transcripts have the Registrar's signature and are printed on security paper. Official transcripts are mailed in envelopes with the imprint "Transcript Enclosed" on the front, and "Transcript Valid If Seal Not Broken" on the back. All transcripts come in individually-sealed envelopes.

Unofficial Transcripts

If you need unofficial transcripts, you can print them through eServices.

Select Academic Record, then Unofficial Transcripts, and you will see a PDF which can be printed, emailed, or saved.

Things to Know About Transcripts

  • Minnesota State institutions use eTranscript to retrieve transcripts from Century College. Contact their transfer admission department to retrieve your transcripts.
  • Northeast Metro 916 Technical College transcripts cannot be processed with a rush request and may take additional processing time if you attended previous to Fall 1995. If you completed vo-tech classes while in high school, contact the Northeast Metro 916 Career and Tech Center directly.
  • Century College and other Minnesota State institutions will not be able to electronically retrieve your Minnesota State transcript(s) if you have holds on your records (including, but not limited to unpaid balances). It is your responsibility to ensure that your records are free of holds. Please check eServices before making the request. You must notify the DARS/Transfer Office when your transcripts have been cleared for retrieval.
  • Continuing Education & Customized Training transcripts should be ordered directly from the CECT department by calling 651-779-3341.

Transcripts will NOT be faxed.

If you have questions regarding for-credit transcripts, email or call the Records office at 651-779-3950 or 651-779-3299.

Graduation Information

Apply to Graduate

You must apply to graduate through your myCentury account in order to receive the award on your transcript.

Graduation applications should be submitted during your last semester at Century College by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be processed in the next term.

*Apply to graduate during your last term*

Semester of Graduation Deadline for Application
Fall Graduates First Monday in December
Spring Graduates First Monday in April
Summer Graduates First Monday in August
**Summer Grads invited to the spring ceremony**

If you no longer have access to your myCentury account, complete this application or the fillable PDF form. Submit the PDF by email to or turn it into the Records Office, W2220.

Diplomas and other correspondence are mailed to the address given on the graduation application form within 14-16 weeks after grades are posted. See the Graduation page for more information.


Diplomas are not awarded at the time of the graduation ceremony but will be mailed after a final graduation review has been completed. Degree, diploma and/or certificate awards will be posted to the transcript prior to the mailing of diplomas. Transcripts reflecting the award are considered official documentation of the award. You can order an official transcript through or see above under Transcripts for more details.

Semester of Graduation Approximate Dates for Diploma Mailings
Fall Graduates By March 1
Spring Graduates By August 1
Summer Graduates By November 1


  • Honors is based on all college-leveled courses (numbered 1000 or higher)
  • Distinction status requires a cumulative GPA of 3.50 to 3.74
  • High Distinction status requires a cumulative GPA of 3.75 to 4.00

*Honors are not awarded for certificates.

Graduation Ceremony

Find information on the Graduation Ceremony here.

Senior Citizen Audit and Registration

Senior Citizen Requirements

Senior Citizens must be:

  • 62 years or older
  • a legal resident of Minnesota

If you register before the first day of class, you must pay full tuition and fees. If you register for credit on or after the first day of class, you will be charged Senior Rate fees per credit with no tuition charges. Senior Citizens auditing a course will be charged reduced fees per credit. The Senior Registration/Course Audit form must be turned into the Records Office to receive the Senior Rate or Senior Audit Rate by the fifth day start of the semester. For Late Start courses, this form must be signed and received by the Records Office within one business day of the course start date. If applicable, students will be responsible for any special course fees.

Please use the Senior Registration/Course Audit form to register.

See Tuition Rates & Fees for details.

Adding, Dropping, and Withdrawing

Adding Courses

Courses may be added online or in person:

  • the first 5 days of Spring and Fall Semesters (an instructor's signature is required after the third day).
  • the first 3 days of the Summer Session (an instructor's signature is required once the class has started).

Use the Course Change eForm to request the instructor’s signature.

You are required to pay all tuition and fees for any registered courses.

Adding Courses Throughout the Semester

You may add courses that start later in the semester (such as courses in Session II or III) before the course begins without instructor approval. After a class has already started, late adds will be processed only with the approval/signatures of the instructor on the Course Change eForm.

Dropping Courses

You may drop a course during the first 5 days of Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters. Full refunds are only available prior to the term start or during the five-day drop period each term for courses starting the first week, except as specified on the Refund Policies page. You may drop a late start/fast track course only through the day after the first scheduled class day to receive a full refund.

Withdrawing from Courses

Course withdrawals ("W" grades) begin on the sixth day of the term, unless noted otherwise in the course schedule. For late start/fast track courses, withdrawals begin two days after the first scheduled date. The last day to withdraw date varies; it displays on students' online schedules and on the course search details. You may qualify for a refund during the refund period if you withdraw from all classes (see the Refund Policies page for details).

Classes that you have withdrawn from become part of your permanent record and will appear on your transcript.

*Instructors signatures are not required within the withdrawal deadline.

  • You should withdraw after you stop attending a course or you will likely receive a grade of "F" or "FW" (faculty withdrawal)
  • If you withdraw after 20 days, you can visit until final exam week with the instructor's approval
  • Withdrawals do not influence GPA, but negatively impact academic progress

If extenuating circumstances prevent you from withdrawing by the deadline, you may fill out a Late Withdrawal Petition form online, in the Business Office, Room 2340, West Campus or Records Office, Room 2220, West Campus. Additional documentation may be required. Please see Refund Policies page under Exceptions for the form.

Important: There are four ways you can add, drop or withdraw from a course:

Please note: A telephone message request is not considered a valid processing method.

Since withdrawing from a class can impact your academic progress, we recommend that you consult with a Century College advisor/counselor before your make your final decision. Poor academic progress may lead to academic probation and eventually suspension. It may also impact your financial aid. Please familiarize yourself with the Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid Policy and Procedure.

There is no refund for partial withdrawal. The student must withdraw from all classes to receive a pro-rated refund based on the withdraw schedule. Faculty withdrawals are not eligible for refunds. You are required to pay tuition and fees unless you drop classes by the deadline. Century College will not drop courses for non-attendance.

Credit Limits

If you want to register for more than 18 credits, you will need to complete an Exceed Maximum 18 Credit Limit Appeal form for approval by the Registrar.

Wait List

When a class is full, you have the option to add yourself to its wait list to be notified if a seat becomes available. The wait list is shut off the night before the first day of the semester. Wait listing may not be available for late start courses.

Open Seat Notification

You will be notified at your Century College email address as your position on the wait list moves up. Once you are offered a seat in your wait list class, you have exactly 24 hours to register (the email will indicate your registration deadline). It is extremely important that you monitor your email closely so you do not miss your wait list opening.

Being able to add yourself to a wait list does not mean you will be eligible to register for the class if a seat becomes available. Be sure to resolve all holds, verify in eServices you will pass course prerequisites, and remove all other registration barriers in advance so that you can register when a wait listed seat is offered to you. Wait listed seats become available 24 hours a day, including weekends. During non-business hours, staff may not be available to assist you. You cannot be returned to your original place on the wait list if you fail to register during the 24 hour window.

Viewing Wait Listed Classes

View your wait listed classes in eServices:

  1. Click on Courses & Registration
  2. Click on Review My Plan

Your plan also displays your position on the wait list and allows you to remove yourself from the wait lists of courses you no longer wish to take.

PSEO Students

PSEO Checklist

  1. Return your MDE Form by email at or to the Records Office at W2220
  2. Stop by Advising if you need help selecting courses
  3. Register for classes

Current PSEO students can find more registration details in their Guide to Success packet. Please contact the Advising Office with questions about PSEO registration.

Graduating Seniors Registration Checklist

  1. Submit the online Century College application. No $20 application fee required! Use promotion code: PSEOAPP at the end of the application.
  2. No orientation required!
  3. Register for classes during your priority registration timeframe.

Veterans Verification

For information on using benefits please see Veterans Services page or contact Karla Frieler at or 651-779-3296.

Getting a Student ID Card

You will need a Century Student ID to use the library, fitness center, to check out game room or recreation equipment, and to use the Math, English or Reading Labs. Your first Student ID card is free. Lost or replacement cards are $5.00 (payable at the Business Office).

How to Obtain a Student ID Card in Person

To obtain your Century College Student ID, you will need to bring a copy of your current course schedule (printed or on your phone) along with a driver's license or other government-issued photo ID to the Records & Registration Office on West Campus (W2220), reach us by email, or call 651-779-3299.

How to Obtain a Student ID Card Online

Century College Student ID cards are available online! Learn how to create an ID card online.

NOTE: Speciality program badges must be done in-person. (Nursing, EMS, etc.)

Enrollment Verification

How to Obtain an Enrollment Certificate

Students will now obtain college credit verification of current or previous enrollment free by accessing this information through the myCentury student portal on the left hand side under Order Transcripts and Verify Enrollment. For verification of Continuing Education/Customized Training non-credit courses, please contact CECT at 651-779-3341.

As a student, you are frequently required to obtain enrollment certifications from the Records Office for government or private agencies. Many require verification of "full-time" or "half-time" status. This is in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.

What is Full Time Status?

Century College uses the following definitions for full-time and half time status:

  • Full-time: a student registered for 12 or more semester credits.
  • Half-time: a student registered for 6-11 semester credits.
  • First Year: a student who has earned less than 30 semester credits.
  • Second Year: a student who has earned 30 or more semester credits.

Verification through National Student Clearinghouse

Century College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to be the agent for verification of student enrollment status. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In order to use this service, you must have your Social Security number on file with Century College.

Please note the Clearinghouse is not able to process both enrollment verifications and a Good Student Discount Certificate (GPA) information in a single certificate, so if you need both, it will require individual transactions.

Access the Clearinghouse to:

  • Obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to a health insurer or other company that requests proof of your enrollment.
  • Obtain a Good Student Discount Certificate (if eligible) to print and mail to automobile insurer.
  • View enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse.
  • View the student loan deferment notifications that the clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
  • View the proof(s)of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to your health insurers and other providers of student services or products.
  • Order an official transcript or view the status of your transcript requests.
  • View specific information about your student loans.

National Student Clearinghouse
Phone: 703-742-4200
Fax: 703-742-4239


Why can't I register?

You could be blocked from registering for classes because:

  • The class you want is full. Check online for other available sections or add yourself to the wait list if available.
  • You owe money. Look up your account balance online or contact the Business Office at 651-779-3278 or 
  • You are on academic suspension. See Satisfactory Academic Progress for more information. See a counselor/advisor or contact 651-779-3285 or to make an appointment.
  • You have a hold on your records. Check online by logging into eServices and checking your dashboard under "Holds that may Impact Registration."
  • You have not met the prerequisites needed for the course. Check the course prerequisites to determine your status or contact the Records Office at 651-779-3299 or

About prerequisites:

  • Prerequisites are courses or test placements that are required to register for a course. (See the online course description or college catalog)
  • If you think the registration system is in error, provide any documentation that proves you have met the course prerequisites listed in the college catalog
  • Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for prerequisites. If you have unofficial transcripts to send, please send the following information to include your full legal name, StarID or Student ID, and the course you are trying to register for.

Where can I find help with my StarID?

See the Tech Help page for StarID resources.

How do I get a copy of my GED?

Please contact the Department of Education to obtain a copy at 651-582-8200.