We are here to assist you in career decision-making. Many students are undecided about their career plans or which academic program to pursue. Counselors can assist you with strategies to explore your interests, values, skills, and personality, and how they relate to your career choices.
Career & Life Planning
Discover which stage you are in regarding career and life planning:
Use the GPS LifePlan CareerPlan to complete the following:
- Assessing Yourself
- Exploring Careers
- Exploring Educational and Training Options
- Creating a Plan and Setting Goals
The Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS) is an online resource with information on numerous career fields and occupations, including: required skills, wages, and job outlook. MCIS also provides information about various schools, job openings, and different types of financial aid.
To access MCIS, please contact the Advising, Counseling & Career Center for user name and password.
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII, cost: $9.95)
Compares your interests with those of people working in a broad range of occupations. (Does not measure abilities or aptitudes.)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI, cost: $13.95)
Measures personal preferences that influence your learning and work style. Understanding your style can improve your education and career planning, performance, and satisfaction.
Taking the assessments as a current or returning Century College student:
- Begin your assessment by logging in to Skills One website:
Login = centurystudent
Password = studentcc
DO NOT put anything in User ID.
- To obtain your results, pay the testing fee at the Business Office (W2340) and obtain a receipt. Bring the receipt to the Counseling and Career Center for a required hour-long appointment with a counselor, who will interpret your assessment results.
Career and Life Planning Course
Career and Life Planning (CRRS 1010) is a two-credit course offered each semester. This course will help you through the career exploration and decision-making process.