We are here to assist you in career decision-making. Many students are undecided about their career plans or which academic program to pursue. Counselors can assist you with strategies to explore your interests, values, skills, and personality, and how they relate to your career choices.
Career & Life Planning
Discover which stage you are in regarding career and life planning:
Use the GPS LifePlan CareerPlan to complete the following:
- Assessing Yourself
- Exploring Careers
- Exploring Educational and Training Options
- Creating a Plan and Setting Goals
Use Careerwise, a Minnesota State career and education resource, to help you:
- Explore Careers. Assess your skills, set goals, and explore over 800 careers.
- Plan your Education. Prepare, pay and apply for Minnesota State colleges and universities.
- Find a Job. Explore the job market and learn how to search and apply for jobs.
The Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS) is an online resource with information on numerous career fields and occupations, including: required skills, wages, and job outlook. MCIS also provides information about various schools, job openings, and different types of financial aid.
To access MCIS, please contact the Advising, Counseling & Career Center for user name and password.
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII), cost: FREE to currently registered Century College students.
Compares your interests with those of people working in a broad range of occupations. (Does not measure abilities or aptitudes.)
- To obtain the link to take this inventory, please see the receptionist at the Advising, Counseling and Career Center (W2410).
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI, cost: $19.95)
Measures personal preferences that influence your learning and work style. Understanding your style can improve your education and career planning, performance, and satisfaction.
- To take the Myers-Briggs you must first pay the $19.95 testing fee at the Business Office (W2340) and obtain a receipt.
- Bring the receipt to the Advising, Counseling and Career Center to obtain the link to take the assessment and schedule an hour-long appointment with a counselor who will interpret your assessment results.
Career and Life Planning Course (CRRS 1010)
Career and Life Planning (CRRS 1010) is a two-credit course offered each semester. This course will help you through the career exploration and decision-making process.