Important Virtual Service Information
We have moved to all virtual services and we are still here to help. Schedule an appointment with a counselor through Starfish or contact us at email@example.com or 651-779-3285 to connect with resources related to basic needs. Also, check out the Community Support resources below.
The Resource and Support Center, in partnership with Counseling Services, helps students connect with a variety of campus and community resources to help them succeed inside and outside of the classroom.
- Bridge to Benefits Screening
- Campus Food Pantry and Community Food Assistance
- Child care resources
- Computers, Repair, and Internet Resources
- Financial Assistance and Free Tax Preparation Services
- Health Services and Insurance Information
- Housing Information
- Legal Assistance Information
- Resources for Student Parents
- Transportation Information
- Unemployment Information
- Utilities Assistance
* The Bridge to Benefits Screening connects you with applying for food assistance, health insurance, energy assistance and more! * To use the screening tool to see if you may qualify for these various benefits, log-in at the website through the link in the bullet above using the username: student and password: century. Then selecting "Screening Tool" on the left-hand menu and respond to the various questions.
We are happy to take the following types of donations:
- Food items, nonperishable and garden produce
- Diapers, wipes, and related items
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, lotion, soap, conditioner, hand sanitizer, feminine products)
- School supplies
Donations can be dropped off at the Resource and Support Center (W1490) or email Michele Jersak to make your drop off arrangements. Financial donations can be made through the Century College Foundation - select Random Acts of Kindness/Food Pantry under Department/Program.