Century College takes action. Our students are coming to us with greater needs than ever before, and we're responding in the following ways:
- Health Services – Our health services office is staffed by a nurse/RN and a doctor visits the campus every Wednesday, from 9 am to noon during the school year, to see students (free).
- Counseling – Our campus counselors are trained in both personal and academic/career counseling in order to better meet the varying needs of our students.
Consider these sobering statisics:
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for people ages 15-25.
- Nationally, one person dies by suicide every 14 minutes.
- There are four male suicides for every female suicide, yet three times as many females as males attempt suicide.
Umatter program includes:
- Classroom training available per faculty request
- Kognito Interactive access for ALL students, faculty & staff
- Workshops and materials offered through Century’s GPS Lifeplan
- Theatre performances promoting inclusion and equity
- Trainings on various mental and behavioral health topics
Funding for this project was made possible by grant #SM 60544 from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
For more information, contact Anne Turnbull at 651-773-1785, or Katie Vadnais at 651-779-3274.